Simpson CSA5.0x40 connector screw has been developed for installing Simpson Strong-Tie connectors to timber, in order to obtain the published load bearing capacities. The conical shape under the head ensures a full contact with the connector which increases the transfer of force. A fixed connection with larger cross-bearing capacity than for standard screws is obtained. The 6 lobe recess helps to fix the screw during insertion.
- Steel – Electro galvanised coating
- ETA approved (ETA-04/0013)
- 6 lobe drive
- Conical shape under the head for secure fit in connector holes
- Type 17 point to prevent splitting of timber
- Supporting / Supported member: solid wood, composite lumber, glued-laminated wood.
Fixing connectors to timber:
- Joist hangers
- Angle brackets
Other sizes available are;
5.0 x 30mm / 5.0 x 35mm / 5.0 x 40mm / 5.0 x 50mm / 5.0 x 80mm
A stainless steel version is also available.