Helical Bar is used in a variety of applications; in general the metre lengths are used for crack stitching and reinforcing masonry in both new and existing masonry structures. The deformation of the films makes the bonding characteristics of the Helical Bar far superior to alternative standard reinforcing materials.
Available in 6mm and 8mm diameters in 1000mm and 2000mm lengths.
• Grade 304 austenitic stainless steel (Grade 316 available to order).
• Excellent bonding capabilities.
• Coiled spring properties within elastic limit.
• High stress material.
• No sudden or catastrophic failure point.
• Less intrusive than standard repairs.
• Rake or cuts slots into horizontal mortar joint to a depth of between 25-35mm and at 450mm or 6 brick courses vertical spacing.
• Vacuum out the slots and thoroughly flush with water.
• Mix the two part Grout in the tub provided.
• Insert a bead of Grout into the back of the slot using a grout gun.
• Push the Helical Bar into the Grout to obtain good coverage.
• Insert a bead of Grout over the exposed Helical Bar and iron into the slot using a finger trowel. Fill the slot with Grout leaving sufficient depth for re-pointing.
• Use a colour matched mortar to repair fractured bricks.
• Re-point the slot to match existing as closely as possible and make good the area.
• If in doubt, seek advice from a structural engineer.