Threaded Inserts are cylindrical tube-shape pieces of metal with an internal or external thread. Place them into existing holes and provide a threaded receptacle for installing screws, bolts or other fixings. Their use also allows for a relatively straightforward process to remove them for later reuse. External thread options are available and are to strengthen existing threads or to repair damaged threads usually in metalwork. They can be of use in walls or other materials like metal, wood, or plastic. Overall, they are efficient fasteners and are also used to reinforce or repair existing threads.
Threaded Inserts Available:
|Hex Drive Type E Wood Inserts||Hex Drive Type D Wood Inserts||Knock In Wood Inserts|
|Stainless Steel||Flat Interscrews||Interscrews|
Uses and Advantages of Interscrews:
- By using them with bolts and screws, removing and reinserting multiple times will not cause damage or weakness. Thereby extending the working life of a drilled hole by minimising wear and tear.
- They can repair damaged or worn holes, as they have a larger diameter than the hole and will compress the the space for a firm hold.
- When using in softer material they provide a firm hold.
- With material that is likely to come under strain, these will reinforce the fasteners within the material.
- Add protruding threads to a material that would otherwise be too thin.
If you would like more information on these products, then please contact the Swiftfix team.